Our studio is fully remote, with hubs in the beautiful cities of Fairfax, Virginia and Seattle, Washington, and members of the team everywhere in between. If you are interested in working with us near or far and one of the job offerings screams, “That’s ME! That’s ME!” click on the link to apply! CSE is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment companies, please don’t bother to contact us.
City State Entertainment is looking for Mid-level Gameplay Engineers to help create Camelot Unchained at either its Fairfax, Virginia main office, or our Seattle, Washington satellite office. Any concentrations are welcome, including but not limited to: C++ Client or Gameplay Engineers, Server and Backend, and C# Server - Gameplay Engineers. You’ll work primarily within our server code to implement features from combat to crafting to guilds. You can also expect to make forays into client code to expose those features to the user, although you can leave the hardcore engine development and final UI polish to others.
Note: City State Entertainment is hiring for a broad range of positions on a growing team. We have definite skill and task needs, but the eventual division of tasks within the team will depend on the eventual team members. If you’re an outstanding and talented individual whose qualifications fall halfway between two of our listings, we’d still like to hear from you. All candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work in the U.S.A. We are an emphatically equal-opportunity employer.
City State Entertainment is looking for a staff QA Engineering Lead to help us create Camelot Unchained, a massive realm vs realm vs realm MMORPG. As our staff QA Lead, your job would entail implementing and leveraging test practices, creating test cases and test plans, developing light automation, and regressing and documenting community reported issues. You will work closely with the community team, designers, dev-ops team, and production to ensure accurate quality testing, as well as quality defect reporting in JIRA.
• 2+ years of experience with testing in games.• Able to write clear, concise bug reports.• Maintain and update test plans and test matrixes.• Strong analytical problem solving and test abstraction experience.• Highly teachable, and able to learn and develop technical ability.
We're looking for a strong graphic and interaction designer to perfect both the look and the feel of our in-game interface, our out-of-game website, and the bits bridging the gap between them. This would involve work on both of our current titles: Camelot Unchained and Final Stand: Ragnarok.
This is a design position, not a programming position. But we still want someone who is technical enough to be self-sufficient in HMTL and CSS, as well as Artistry software like Dreamweaver and Illustrator.
City State Entertainment is looking for an Art Director for Camelot Unchained, an RvR fantasy MMO. This person will help bring a unified vision that aligns with the artistic goals of the game, and will set the bar for high quality work and ensure efficiency.
City State Entertainment is looking for an experienced 3D Artist (generalist) who has passion for creating 3D Art. Experience working across a variety of styles/purposes (such as Characters, Props, Hard Surface, Soft Cloth or Environments) and some in-engine and Z-Brush (Hard surfacing) experience would be an advantage for this role.
• Model and texture a variety of high quality 3D assets ranging from characters to props. This includes sculpt as well as material work.• Collaborate with members of the art team. Join in reviews, taking feedback and making adjustments or iterations asset requires.
• 2+ years experience as a 3D modeler or similar role• Understanding of artistic principles including: form, proportions, volume, silhouette, color, ect...• Strong Maya/Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter skills.• Portfolio showcasing capable artistic skill modeling characters and/or props• Knowledge creating and optimizing assets for games• A strong communicator that is willing to seek out others when in need of and give as well in return• Passion for games, specifically MMOs• Able to work online, in our Fairfax, Virginia or our Seattle, Washington office. Remote work from any location also an option
• Has experience creating structures/buildings for game environments• Embraces always learning and refining one’s craft
We are currently looking for creative and driven technical artists to join us to support our art and rendering team. Our interest includes not just generalist Tech Artists, but also any experienced tech artists with specialities.
Examples:Tech Artist - Pipeline/toolsTech Artist - Shaders/MaterialsTech Artist - Animator - Rigging
So if you’re a tech artist with the vision to develop tools, passion for finding technical solutions and improving pipelines or are render focused with drive and skills to develop shaders and material effects, we are interested across the board.
Role and Responsibilities
Technical Artists are a critical role that will work together with artists and engineers to drive the visual development of our projects forward, with the opportunity to be part of direction and vision, as well as guiding other artists. Collaborating with artists and others roles may include: generating high quality shaders, materials, scripts and rigs. Designs and developing improved content creation pipelines and workflows.
• 2 or more years in games development in a technical art role• Intimately familiar with physically based rendering, shaders (HLSL), and physically based material systems• Cognizance of new graphics techniques and ability to drive meaningful improvements to the overall graphical quality of the game.• Experience working with developers to update tools and pipeline processes for artists.• Solid understanding of Substance Suite, Zbrush, and Maya.• Experience with optimization for performant art without sacrificing visual fidelity and quality.• Able to resolve unique technical challenges in creative and novel manner.• Great time management and ability to work with deadlines and multiple competing priorities.• Strong communication ability particularly between engineers and artists.
• Strong knowledge of the MMO industry and PC gaming industry• Able to provide concise critique and feedback to help raise other artists' skill level.• C++ and/or engineering experience.• Understanding of the process of rigging and animation creation, as well as animation techniques.